Sandhill Small Lots One 2017
BLEND: 37.6% Cabernet Franc, 34.8% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21.6% Merlot, 6% Syrah
• Deep garnet in colour with an ever-changing bouquet of cassis, blue plum, sweet spice, violet, oak, molasses, vanilla extract, forest floor and earth.
• This full-bodied wine has firm drying tannins, great structure and rich fruit flavours.
• Rich black fruit flavours mingle with spice, oak and leather notes.
• Notes of black currant, blackberry, spice and black tea linger on the finish.
• While still young, enjoy with medium rare red meats including lamb and beef, or a cheese platter which includes three to five-year-old Canadian cheddar and other hard aged cheeses. After a few years in the cellar (2020 and beyond) enjoy with hearty winter stews, braised meats, roasted leg of lamb, or 70% dark chocolate. Decanting is recommended if drinking now through 2020.